Healthcare Data Governance
Healthcare data governance is no longer just about maintaining compliance with heavily regulated data stores. Nowadays, managing valuable data assets directly impacts a healthcare network's bottom line. Bad data creates inconsistencies and errors that affect how you are paid.
Meridian Integration provides an array of expert services to meet your organization's strategic vision by delivering the right framework and methodologies to span the entire data lifecycle. Our robust leadership and guidance helps all stakeholders understand the multi-disciplinary ownership of data assets and how to apply reliable processes for data governance.
From you day-to-day protocols to patient experiences, we help you define the approach ensures the highest levels of data security and quality, so your organization gets full value from healthcare data assets.
EDMS Data Governance Features:
- Data Strategy, Management and Governance
- Financial Crime Detection and Prevention
- Operational Resilience
- Conduct Risk
- Transaction Reporting
- Internal Audit Analytics
- Regulatory Compliance
- Regulatory Data Management
EDMS Data Governance Benefits:
- Repeatable & automated processes around data management
- Improved data quality and usability
- Improved data security and auditability
- Increased visibility into costs associated with data
- Increased accountability for use of data & appropriate use of data
- Standardized lifecycle management for data use
EDMS Data Governance Objectives:
- The reliability of data to support a 360-degree view of providers, members and patients.
- Protect against unauthorized access to protected health information.
- Support transition from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- Ensure a consistent set of business definitions, clinical terminology, and metadata.
- Facilitate the seamless exchange of patient data to support Health Information Exchanges.
- Develop policies and procedures that support data governance efforts.
- Educate all members of the organization about the importance of data governance and how it relates to their roles.
- Leverage clinical, financial, and administrative data to support key organizational initiatives.
- Measure the return on investment on information governance initiatives
Our Storage footprint and cost was continually increasing, Quality of test data was insufficient in spite of higher volumes of accounts to provide more scenarios, refreshing test environments was time consuming due to higher account volumes, no method in place to provide purge functionality that would maintain data integrity. After implementing the Meridian EDMS platform the Immediate result was the elimination of 17TB of premium storage that supported test environments and one high end Unix server that hosted the databases, reductions in storage growth provided O&M savings of $2 M costs over 5 Years, avoided capital costs of $4.4 M from storage purchases no longer required, smaller test databases through the use of EDMS functionality that provides representative samples of accounts specific to our installation, faster test database refreshes through the use of EDMS representative samples and Improved test quality through the use of EDMS data extraction process which allows users to extract accounts that specifically address their test scenarios.
— (BGE) Baltimore Gas and Electric Company